Candle Safety Tips
Always trim your wick to 1/4th of an inch before lighting each time. This will ensure a low flame that doesn't leave your jar with an edge of soot.
DON'T WALK AWAY
Never leave a burning candle unattended. Make sure the candle is completely extinguished and the wick is no longer glowing before leaving the room.
Never burn your candle for more than four hours. A candle that has been burning for too long will become too hot and may crack the glass. The flame will also become too high and out of control (see Don't Walk Away).
SECURE THE AREA
Make sure the candle is placed in an area away from anything that can potentially catch fire. Keep hair and loose clothing away from the flame.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN AND PETS
Make sure your candle is not in reach of any children, pets or anyone who can potentially knock it over.
DON'T TOUCH OR MOVE
Once your candle is lit, do not move or touch your candle until the flame is extinguished and the wax has hardened.
AVOID DRAFTS AND VENTS
Avoid drafts, vents or air currents. This will help prevent rapid or uneven burning, sooting and excessive dripping.
When your candle has less than 1/4th of an inch of wax left, the candle has finished burning. DO NOT continue to burn. Failure to do so may cause the vessel to crack or shatter.
Allow the wax to melt on all sides of the vessel to ensure a better performance for the next burn.